Home

Monday 10 June 2019

20.05.2019
After finding out last week that the image I had taken and edited/resized for my piece Plastic, The Slow Tsunami, isn’t of good enough quality to be printed on weatherproofed board at 2metres in size, I had to re-take the photos. I had already moved the mural over to the Students Union office, (as they are now going to have the mural in the downstairs hallway by the entrance of the building) so I gathered a couple friends who helped me take it across to the photography studios where we took a different image with a higher resolution.

I then had to resize the image so it was 2metres square, and inserted a white rectangle on photoshop with a short statement giving some context to the piece. We then ran into some further issues, but once I spoke to the printers directly communication was easier and the image was finally sent off in preparation for print. Unfortunately; due to delays and mishaps, we were unable to meet the second deadline of the degree exhibition. This was disappointing but after all the issues I have faced throughout the project, I am just relieved it has reached the final stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polly would love to hear any feedback and comments about her work, questions are also welcomed!

06.10.19 As I received an email from Curatorspace.com that my proposal had been accepted on the morning of Thursday 26th Sept, it only ga...