Home

Thursday 11 April 2019

11.04.2019
For our end of year exhibition this year we are teaming up with Level 4's and having a joint exhibition. Last week we had to present a proposal with 2 desired spaces from the floor plan and were then given a designated room/space. I was unsure about what work I would include and in what way I would present this work, and was given a space I didn't request. This turned out for the best, as the space I was given inspired me with a new idea.
I will use my animal pollution sculptures still but drop the idea of my shop 'PolluShine'. I was originally going to reinvent the shop idea I used in my AirSpace exhibition, by creating a closed space with added elements such as ocean sounds and accompanying brochures etc, but decided that I wanted to test out the sculptures in a completely different way. 
Going back to a more traditional white cube style display, I will place the 'Seal Choker', 'Turtle Nose Stud' and 'Penguin Cape' at varying heights, whilst suspending my 'Seagull Raincoat' sculpture directly above with clear fishing line. The height will be determined by the size of the animal, the 'Seal Choker' will be placed on the tallest plinth 80cm H, the 'Turtle Nose Stud' on the second tallest around 20-30cm H, and the 'Penguin Cape' on the floor in a painted square. The plinths and painted square will be a rich, deep renaissance blue. This is linking back to the environment our pollution is damaging, the homes and lives of these animals, our oceans. The height and levels of the animals with the splash of blue will also relate to their natural interaction with the ocean. Penguins walk as well as swim, turtles swim low to the oceans bed, seals are larger animals in general and seagulls obviously fly. I will then use the fish nets and fishing line I used to create the 'dresses' in my 'PolluShine' shop to create a collage of different types of nets and materials to make one large net. The collage effect will aim to exert worry over just how many/how many different types of ghost nets are caught up and abandoned in our oceans, and give a glimpse of the damage its doing. 

 

As this is our last exhibition before our final year in our degree, the level 5's are taking most of the planning on. We split evenly into 3 separate groups; marketing, event planning and logistics for install. I chose the marketing team, and since we have already set up an email, Facebook event page and instagram page. One of my team members has created a poster and I created an online invite:  
The name and image was chosen as a team by our whole year and we are beginning to get a few documents together to promote the exhibition as well as we can. I am also in charge of sorting the press release over easter and getting it to the right people!
I'm very excited for the end of year exhibition as everyones work is so different, and with such a large group to exhibit with, it should be a very unique show! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polly would love to hear any feedback and comments about her work, questions are also welcomed!

06.10.19 As I received an email from Curatorspace.com that my proposal had been accepted on the morning of Thursday 26th Sept, it only ga...