Home

Saturday 13 April 2019

12.04.2019
I collected the bottle tops the Students Union had collected over the past couple of weeks along with the ones collected from the LRV night and was surprised by the amount! This has made me extremely eager and excited to get started on the mural.


As we decided against resin to keep the piece recyclable and chose to get an image printed instead, it seems a shame to dismantle the work straight after completion. Because of this I thought it would be better to display the piece in our end of year exhibition, Amalgamation. This would give everyone who was involved in collecting and advertising/organising a chance to see the bottle tops in action, making the reveal of the piece all the more exciting. 
So with the idea that the physical mural would be displayed, I will use a MDF board as the base, using a small amount of hot glue to fix the bottle tops to the board. This will be easily picked off so should remain recyclable and I will be able to reuse the wood or offer it up to another student on my course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polly would love to hear any feedback and comments about her work, questions are also welcomed!

06.10.19 As I received an email from Curatorspace.com that my proposal had been accepted on the morning of Thursday 26th Sept, it only ga...