Home

Wednesday 17 April 2019

17.04.2019
After sketching the wave out in pencil and mapping out the different colour bottle tops in block colours to gage how many I had, I started to fill in the wave. Using a mixture of darker colours at the body of the wave with white and silver at the foam, I was able to achieve a range of shades and tones, which from a distance seems blended. So far the mural has been tricky and time consuming to achieve the desired colour distribution, and I have used a lot more bottle tops than expected. This is because in some parts I have placed smaller bottle tops within larger ones to create a smoother transition of colour. This technique has worked extremely well and has created a harmony within the wave whilst still remaining dramatic. 
Once I have set out all the bottle tops in their specific position, I will start from the bottom up using a small dab of glue to secure the bottle tops to the wood.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polly would love to hear any feedback and comments about her work, questions are also welcomed!

06.10.19 As I received an email from Curatorspace.com that my proposal had been accepted on the morning of Thursday 26th Sept, it only ga...