Home

Wednesday 17 April 2019

17.04.2019
For our end of year exhibition, Amalgamation, I will be using the sculptures I have previously used for my exhibition 'PolluShine, Is It Worth It?' at AirSpace Gallery. The sculptures will be consumed by a collage of different nets, ropes and lines. To make this patchwork style net I used both of the fish net dresses I had also previously made, along with a few other nets cut into sections and then laid out to create one combined net that was evenly colour distributed. All the nets used were a mixture of 4 different colours, black, red, blue and white. Once I was happy with the composition of the nets, I hand sewn them together at the seams. As for my exhibit I wanted to have the sculptures poking through above the surface of the nets, I used placement of the nets which already had wear and tear holes, staggering them so that the sculptures would sit through them. 
Once the nets were made into one, I wove the fishing line and ropes  so that they appeared and became tangled. The ropes I used also fit to the colour scheme and were placed so they looked naturally caught up in the net. I'm really pleased with how the net has turned out and am looking forward to seeing it with the sculptures.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polly would love to hear any feedback and comments about her work, questions are also welcomed!

06.10.19 As I received an email from Curatorspace.com that my proposal had been accepted on the morning of Thursday 26th Sept, it only ga...