Home

Thursday 18 April 2019

18.04.2019
Today I started my plastic bottle tops mural by sorting all the warm tones into piles of colour and begun with the background. My aim is to create the background similar to a sunset using all the reds and yellows etc.


Once I had separated the colours I then created a central area of yellow, adding oranges and reds as the colours extended outwards. I was really happy with the effect but quickly run out of bottle tops. This is a big issue as I had only managed to cover half of the surface of the background and will need to source some more as soon as possible. 


I then added to the wave and managed to finish all of the blue section. Again I am happy with the different tones achieved and think the work's starting to come together nicely. I am expecting some more white and oranges to arrive after being in contact with a local manufacturer who will be donating 100 of each. Hopefully this will be enough to finish the white foam of the wave, and I will look on eBay to purchase some used plastic bottle tops in warm tones for the background. 






I also received a notification from a lovely post on the Staffs Union Instagram page of an update with images of the piece, and also recognition for the sustainable union tote bag competition I entered and won. It also suggested that I be nominated for this years Proud To Be Staffs Awards which was a lovely sentiment! It has given me an extra boost to make sure the outcome of the piece is everything the Students Union has hoped for, and I'm looking forward to them seeing the final outcome.  

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwZOBpZB31b/




No comments:

Post a Comment

Polly would love to hear any feedback and comments about her work, questions are also welcomed!

06.10.19 As I received an email from Curatorspace.com that my proposal had been accepted on the morning of Thursday 26th Sept, it only ga...