Home

Friday 1 March 2019

01.03.2019
Along with making sculptures and creating the installation I want to have some documentation accessible for passers by who are further interested. By linking it with the whole shop arrangement, I used the idea of creating a catalogue/brochure to hold the items on 'sale' (which were the items exhibited). I have made the brochure to hold the images the separate pieces were based on, the photos I had found of the pollution debris devastating our natural wildlife. Featuring the photos the work was based on instead of the sculptures themselves shows that they weren't imagined circumstances and aims to shock the reader. Pairing each photo and item on 'sale' with a fact on pollution is making a statement that this is all burdening the animals for free. The price the animals pay are not of a monetary sense, but of pain and suffering.
Out of respect for the information I am relaying I wanted to make the brochure quite serious and informative as we should be taking the facts very seriously. Impactful and easy to read I am quite pleased with how professional and clear they have turned out.
I also added information of how the reader can get further involved in taking a stand themselves, and added my blog so they can read more about my process and thoughts behind the work.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Polly would love to hear any feedback and comments about her work, questions are also welcomed!

06.10.19 As I received an email from Curatorspace.com that my proposal had been accepted on the morning of Thursday 26th Sept, it only ga...