Home

Friday 1 March 2019

01.03.2019
As well as the brochure I thought about producing a leaflet to gain a buzz and an audience to the window, a 'SALE NOW ON' leaflet coinciding with the shop scene. I had first created one that read 'SALE NOW ON' and 'Caught up buying the same products?' which was a play on words of how we buy the same products over and over not considering the journey before or after of the product. We are creatures of habit and could potentially not realise the damage we are doing. The Seal is also therefore caught up in the same products in a more literal sense.
After speaking to one of my lecturers we discussed how this could be read in too much of a jokey, playful way and could give people the wrong impression of what i'm creating or trying to say. Also as my intention is to hand these out to passers by in the local town I need to consider, is this ethically portraying the animals and could the images be disturbing to young children or certain groups of people.

After considering all the possibilities to misread the message or cause upset I decided to change it entirely. By reducing the information on the leaflet it reduces the risk of misinterpretation and also adds to the mystery and necessity of going to the window to see the work themselves. Using a photo of one of my sculptures instead of the animals eliminates the question of am I handling the images of animals with enough care, but also gives a taster of the work in the window as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polly would love to hear any feedback and comments about her work, questions are also welcomed!

06.10.19 As I received an email from Curatorspace.com that my proposal had been accepted on the morning of Thursday 26th Sept, it only ga...