Home

Wednesday 6 March 2019

04.03.2019
Monday this week I had a meeting with the students union and their marketing staff member to discuss press releases and posters for the plastic bottle top installation. This meeting consisted of going over dates and details for the workshops and brainstorming other ways we can get the students involved in the process. Some ideas were having a free entry night to the students union LRV Flashback Fridays when you bring a certain amount of bottle tops with you, drop off bins/boxes in the union shops and communal areas like the library, and potentially having a stall outside Ember Lounge for one afternoon.
We also selected two different dates the workshops could be held on. For the workshop with the University's Nursery I presented my idea of making a bottle top fish instead of a wave mirroring the end result. I thought this would be a better idea as we could use all the colours collected I won't be using for the final outcome (such as oranges and reds) within the scales/fish. This will leave a fun and colourful artwork for their wall, which I feel is more suited to young children. This also would help with content for the workshop as we can focus on facts surrounding the animals effected, which is also more suited to the age group.
I also was asked for the title and to write three lines with information on the artwork itself for the posters. I thought hard about what I should include within this text as it needs to summarise what were doing but also why. Here is what I came up with:
Plastic, The Slow Tsunami
Plastic pollution is damaging the world around us, becoming an un-natural disaster. We invite you to be apart of our campaign as we work to produce a wall based installation of Hokusai's The Great Wave from plastic bottle tops. It's vital we come together to create change.
It was a very exciting meeting hearing all the support and activities that are going ahead for this project, it's all starting to come together nicely and I'm very pleased to be apart of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polly would love to hear any feedback and comments about her work, questions are also welcomed!

06.10.19 As I received an email from Curatorspace.com that my proposal had been accepted on the morning of Thursday 26th Sept, it only ga...