Home

Sunday 10 March 2019


24.02.2019
With my AirSpace exhibition fast approaching it has been quite difficult keeping on top of every element needed in my installation. By creating a scene instead of merely displaying a couple of finished artworks I have had to add lots of details and elements correlating with the shop-front format. 
One of these elements has been creating a light/lampshade. Using a water dispenser bottle cut in half I created the base to the lampshade. Then taking a hot glue gun with different length plastic straws I was able to create a very textured and interesting lampshade, similar to those I saw in retail shops such as Ikea. 
Interestingly it turned out looking like some underwater creature in the realm of an urchin. I'm pleased with how it has turned out as I was concerned it would look crafty but instead could pass off as something you could actually purchase. This lampshade will be suspended from the ceiling of my exhibition window illuminated by an ECO bulb. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Polly would love to hear any feedback and comments about her work, questions are also welcomed!

06.10.19 As I received an email from Curatorspace.com that my proposal had been accepted on the morning of Thursday 26th Sept, it only ga...